A. Content Contribution, Moderation and Approval Policy (CMAP)
As a part of this policy, the college provide a role based Content Management system. This CMS helps the website management team in giving role specific access of administrator panel to different users. The Web administrator can create the users by assigning him a particular role and Module to which functions of a particular user are limited.
These roles are:
- Creator:These are the Content creator’s. Their responsibilities are to add/edit/delete respective content on the website and send it to for approval.
- Moderator:Their responsibilities are to approve the content coming from the creator’s
- Publisher:A publisher could Edit and review the content. He is responsible for publishing the content on the website.
These personnels would be assigned by the Principal and would be responsible for overall quality and quantity of information on the Website. The Web Administrator will be responsible for overall supervision to ensure that authentic and updated information are available on the website.Technical registration and activation of the users account will be done by Web Administrator and technical team.
CMAP policy ensures the following Activities on the Website:
- All information about the college, useful for the citizen and other stakeholders, is present in the “About Us” section and mechanism is in place to keep the information up to date.
- The validity of the course, syllabi, notification etc. has been mentioned.
- Mechanism is in place to ensure that all the Citizen Services, Forms, Documents and Schemes are aligned with the respective repositories in other portals.
Note: The above activities should be under the supervision of the Web Information Manager.
Web Information Manager is overall responsible for quality and quantity of information and services on the website.Web information Manager should ensure that
- Website is free from offensive/discriminatory language.
- Content is compiled and packaged with citizen orientation.
- Clear and simple language has been used throughout the website.
- The language is free from spelling and grammatical errors.
- Documents/pages in multiple languages are updated simultaneously (if any)
- All information, which is of direct importance to the citizen, is accessible from the Homepage.
- It has been ensured that all stationery of the department as well as advertisements/public messages issued by the concerned Department prominently display the URL of the web site.
Web Administrators or Webmasters monitor and improve website performance, upgrade servers and coordinate all published content. They ensure websites are functional and serve end users’ needs. This personnel is expected to possess working knowledge of IT.Web Administrator (Technical) should ensure that
- Text is readable both in electronic and print format and the page prints correctly on an A4 size paper.
- There is adequate contrast between text and background color.
- Alternate text is provided for non-text elements (e.g. images).
- There is adequate contrast between text and background color.
- Web pages do not contain any content that flashes for more than three times in a second.
- There is a mechanism to control scrolling, blinking content.
- Website ranks in the first five results on major search engines when searched with relevant keywords.
B. Web Content Review Policy
The Web Information Manager and Web Administrator and the assigned Personnel’s will have the responsibility for periodically reviewing the content of the website in respect of their respective domains and keep the information Up to Date. A proper workflow should be followed before final updation of content on the website.
C. Content Archival Policy
Content Archival Mechanism is in place to ensure that all outdated announcements are removed from the website or moved to archive. This will help website team in ensuring that the expired contents are removed from the main website. The Archival System available on the Website will transfer the expired content in archives section as soon as it reaches expiry date. Archived Data will be available with search option to search data between two given dates.
News and Archival materials relevant to the NAAC accreditation should be available on the website for the NAAC accreditation cycle period.
Note: It is the Responsibility of Web Information Manager to put the Expiry date while contributing the Content wherever Applicable.
D. Website Security Policy
Website requires security clearance certificate before hosting any website in its data centre. The new website should be audited by CERT-IN empanelled auditor and all the vulnerabilities have been fixed as per existing government guidelines. Upon completion of the audit, security clearance certificate of CERT-IN empanelled auditor should be collected. After that, the website should be hosted and open to the public domain. It is the role of the Principal and Web Administrator (Technical) to ensure that website is security audited before hosting.
Note: A periodic check on the requirement of security certificate is recommended to the web information manager in case there are changes in the functionality or any other environmental changes.
E. Website Monitoring Policy
Under the Website Monitoring Policy, it is advised to monitor periodically to address and fix the quality and compatibility issues around the following parameters:
- Functionality:All modules of the website are tested for their Functionality for their smooth working.
- Performance:All important pages of the website are tested for the download time.
- Broken Links: The website is thoroughly reviewed to rule out the presence of any broken links or errors. The Hosting Service Provider possesses state-of-the art multi-tier security infrastructure as well as devices such as firewall and intrusion prevention systems.
F. Contingency Management
The presence of the website on the Internet and very importantly the site is fully functional all the times. It is expected of the College websites to deliver information and services on a 24X7 basis. Hence, all efforts should be made from College Web Administrator (Technical) to minimize the downtime of the website as far as possible.
In case of any defacement and data corruption, quick action needs to be taken by the respective authorized personnel for the same.
G. Terms & Conditions
This official website of the Oriental College (Autonomous), Imphal has been developed and maintained by Oriental College (Autonomous), Imphal to disseminate information to the general public. Though all efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the content on this website, the same should not be construed as a statement of law or used for any legal purposes.
- The web contents are subject to change without any prior notice from Office of the Principal, Oriental College (Autonomous), Imphal
- In no event will Oriental College (Autonomous), Imphal be liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use, of data, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. In case of any variation between what has been produced on the website about Act, Rules, Regulations, Policy Statements etc and that contained in the relevant Act, Rules, Regulations, Policy Statements etc, with the department the latter shall prevail .
- Links to other websites that have been included on this website are provided for public convenience only. Oriental College (Autonomous), Imphal is not responsible for the contents or reliability of linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the view expressed within them. It is also not guaranteed that the availability of such linked pages at all times.
- Material featured on this website may be reproduced free of charge. However, the material has to be reproduced accurately and not to be used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. Wherever the material is being published or issued to others, the source must be prominently acknowledged. However, the permission to reproduce this material shall not extend to any material which is identified as being copyright of a third party. Authorization to reproduce such material must be obtained from the department/copyright holder concerned.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian Laws. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.
H. Copyright policy
Material featured on this Website may be reproduced free of charge after taking proper permission by sending a mail to us. However, the material has to be reproduced accurately and not to be used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. Wherever the material is being published or issued to others, the source must be prominently acknowledged. However, the permission to reproduce this material shall not extend to any material which is identified as being copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the departments/copyright holders concerned.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian Laws. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.
I. Hyper Linking Policy
External Links Present on the Website:
At many places in this website, there may be many links to other portals. These links have been placed for convenience. Oriental College (Autonomous), Imphal is not responsible for the contents and reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in them. Mere presence of the link or its listing on this website should not be assumed as endorsement of any kind. Oriental College (Autonomous), Imphalcannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over availability of linked pages.
Links to the Oriental College (Autonomous), Imphal website by other websites/portals:
Prior permission is NOT required before hyperlinks are directed from any website/portal to this site.
Oriental College (Autonomous), Imphal website do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to Viewers. If any users choose to provide college with personal information like filling out a Contact Us form with an e-mail address or postal address, and submitting it to College through the website, the college may use that information to respond to the message, and to help in getting the information requested.
- Oriental College (Autonomous), Imphal website never collects information or creates individual profiles for commercial marketing. While any user may provide an e-mail address for a localized response to any incoming questions or comments to the college, it is recommended that DO NOT include any other personal information.
- If any users are asked for any other Personal Informationhe/she will be informed how it will be used. If at any time the User believe the principles referred to in this privacy statement have not been followed, or have any other comments on these principles, please notify the concerned through the contact us page.
- The use of the term “Personal Information” in this privacy statement refers to any information from which User’s identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.